I've been thinking a lot lately about where, and how, I should position my blog in order to gain readers.
And, I always seems to end up asking myself the same questions:
1) Do I actually want people reading my blog? Well, I've taken the time to note my views on important events in my life, albeit anonymously, so yes I must.
2) Am I a mummy blogger? Well, this term seems quite gender specific, so I am afraid that the answer must be no.
3) Am I a daddy blogger? Well, I am a daddy but I wouldn't want to be defined by that element of my life any more then I would want to be defined by my profession, my hometown, my relationship status or even my favourite colour of underpants (it's blue for anyone who might be wondering). So, in answer, I'm not sure.
4) Am I in a state of heightened emotional stress which needs a vent? Almost certainly, but I could seek a counsellor, so again I'm unsure.
5) Am I a sarcastic git looking to express myself? That side of my personality exposes itself everyday, in almost every part of my life, so I think the answer must be no.
6) Do I wish to record the important events that occur in my life, so that I have a record to look back upon in the future? Yes, but then I could buy a diary.
7) Am I seeking approval for the many times I consider myself to be a bad daddy? Hmm, that's a tricky one. I guess the answer is yes, but there is also the risk that you will damn me, so again I'm not sure.
8) Am I doing this for fame and fortune? Well, I must admit that I do turn a slight shade of green when I read some of the lovely reviews undertaken by some bloggers, i.e. the Florida 6. However, I am also aware that their writing abilities are infinitely better then mine and they deserve the following they have so carefully developed over a sustained period of time. So no, I'm not doing blogging for fame and fortune.
9) Am I doing this make new friends? I am hopeful that, as a by-product of blogging, I will make some new friends. After all you can never have too many! But no, it's not the reason I started a blog (but please feel free to pop by and say hi!).
Therefore, and despite much soul searching, I have decided that I won't assign this blog to any category but instead it will remain my inane observations on my life. If anyone decides to drop by, and likes what they see then great, I hope you enjoy it, but if not c'est la vie.
Oh and one final question that comes to mind after reading this post?
10) Do I think about things too deeply at times? Definitely